So I put this rope on the wall by my front door. The rope is memorabilia from the sailboat I grew up with. And the consequences have been interesting. So what happens if you hang a coil of rope on a wall as though it were a painting?
#1 People asking if it is "art". Answer: sure.
#2 Lily has a new obsession with tying people and things up. She is repeatedly asking if she can borrow my rope and then gives a full account of her plans to tie something or other up for some reason or other. The pirate theme is holding strong with her
#3 Lily wants to climb things, sofas and trees so far. Today she got 2 hangers (because they "hang" things I suppose) and a scarf and a stick and the rope and proceeded to tie a harness (of sorts) so that she could climb the tree out front. When I questioned whether it would really hold her she was so confident it would, that I couldn't resist letting her try.
It worked great, even after the hanger snapped in half.
#4 Lily thinks that hanging just about anything on the wall is a good idea.
I wonder what hanging 2 stuffed animals, one shoe, and one necklace from two plastic clothes hangers will bring?
2 comments:
I love your rope hanging on the wall. That is a perfect place for it to be, so you can see it often and relive the memories that went with it. Sad you don't get to use it, or the boat like you thought you would be able to, but glad you do have the memories!
I like the rope on the wall, is it the same one you let Lily play with?
I love that it is memorabilia, as well as being used to build new memories.
Her wall hanging means:
Good luck for beauty, athleticism and comfort. ;)
Post a Comment