Sunday, August 1, 2010

Awesome Day at the Zoo



Our annual Zoo pass expired yesterday so we decided to take one last trip to the zoo. We're glad we did because it was the coolest visit yet. Well actually the hottest one yet, but the most memorable. Ever since they got the new tiger exhibit Trevor has said he would pay money to see the tigers swimming, and I have to say I agreed with him. The exhibit has a nice big pool for the tigers that comes right about to the viewing glass making it perfect for watching them swim. Well yesterday Trev's dreams came true, in regards to seeing tigers swim anyway, and now he can cross off "Seeing tigers swim" from his list of things to do in his life. The three cubs went swimming, they are almost 1 now and they are huge, so perhaps cubs is not the word. It was awesome to see and Trev was so excited I had to blog about it The tigers were just like human siblings playing in water, lots of splashing and teasing each other. Loved it! I couldn't get a good picture because it was human crowded. Totally awesome and it made all our zoo trips and zoo passes worthwhile. Now the zoo will have to wait though, this year we are going to the aquarium instead. We love the Living Planet Aquarium and so will spend this year trying to make our kids as nerdy as we are, fish style.


1 comment:

The Draxler Days said...

Look how fun you guys are!